The Mission Jean is an advanced 5-pocket jean with extreme 4-way stretch and DWR. It is abrasion-resistant, breathable, wicks moisture, and retains shape.
The Mission Jean is MW's version of the most iconic apparel silhouette of all time: the blue jean. Built in Los Angeles from precision Italian textile with extreme 4-way stretch and water-repellent finish, the Mission Jean is designed to achieve a level of performance beyond what has been possible in the past.
The Mission Jean is not made from traditional indigo denim. Instead, it utilizes an advanced stretch-woven fabric developed exclusively for Mission Workshop by Mectex M.I.S. at their mill near Lake Como in Italy.
This fabric achieves an extremely high level of 4-way stretch without sacrificing durability or structure. The result is a fabric with a tough workwear-like appearance, that has extraordinary freedom of movement similar to knit track pants. The fabric is built to fade slightly with use and will retain its shape no matter how long the pants are worn.
While wear-testing these jeans, a few of us wore them for over ten days straight to work, while traveling, on a bike, to the climbing gym, and even to bed — and they never chafed, smelled, wrinkled, or bagged out.
Wearing 29" waist
Wearing 31" waist
- Brand: Mission Workshop
- Model: Mission Jean
- Material: 55% Cotton / 35% Polyamide / 10% Elastane
- Advanced stretch-woven twill fabric developed exclusively for Mission Workshop by Mectex M.I.S. in Italy.
- Extreme 4-way stretch
- Will not bag out
- Highly breathable + wicks moisture
- Next-generation water-repellent (DWR) finish
- Soft, natural cotton hand
- Traditional 5-pocket jean configuration
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in small batches in Los Angeles
- 2 Fits: Slim or straight (Slim cut is 1” narrower from knee to cuff than the straight cut)
- Sizes: 28-38
- Colors: black, gray or blue